Question
Posted by: Linda | 2003/01/21

Skin rash

Have a rash that looks like chickenpox but does not itch. Also -|- discharge,make slight scars.
Occurs under arms or inner thighs close to private parts but not on private parts. Thought it to be some kind of herpes or I have picked it up from a private toilet. Live in humid and hot KZN.

Linda, it’s difficult to say what the problem is without being able to examine you. It might be folliculitis (infection of the hair follicles), a fungal infection, an allergy or a form of eczema. I doubt that you picked it up from a toilet, but I suppose it is possible. The best would be to see your doctor or dermatologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.