Posted by: Adi | 2008/10/03

Skin Products

True or False.Give a reason for your answer.

Using skin care products for over 2 years, your skin becomes immuned to the product and does not work .

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Adi, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer as there are dermatologists that recommend changing a product range every 6 months while there are others that say if a product is working then there is NO need to change. I cannot find a specific study looking at the effectiveness (or not) or any immunological changes using a product for longer than 2 years.
My feeling is that the skin will not become immune to a product range and that if you are happy with its effects then continue using it. However, you must remember that as we age the needs of the skin changes, and what was working for you, say 10 years ago, may not be appropriate now.