Posted by: Kelly | 2008/09/30

Skin problems

Hi Doc.
Can you please advise on a good skincare product or range.
Im 25yrs, i never really had any problems with my skin but for the past year it just has not been the same.
I have dry patches, fine pimples and my skin just doesnt feel nice at all.
Any advise on what i can use for my skin?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Kelly, thank you for the question.

The best approach would be to consult an aesthetic medical practitioner or cosmetic dermatologist who can examine the skin and advise you on the appropriate treatment regime. I would also use a VISIA Complexion Analysis (computerized skin analysis tool) and a Wood’s Lamp to add to the diagnoses of your concerns. From there one can prescribe the correct treatment regime. I am a firm believer in using glycolic acid to treat dry patches, to smooth the skin, and any fine pimples. NeoStrata has an excellent range to help treat the problems you have mentioned but we need to be sure that the dry patches are not some form of eczema or psoriasis.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.