Question
Posted by: caroline | 2007/06/07

Skin problems

I have a break out on my chin and sometimes up my jawline and on my cheeks, and I think it is hormonal as it worsens the week before my period. The "pimples" are purplish spots under the skin that can not be extracted, sometimes develop into a common pimple (esp just before my period) and which are very sore and take a long time heal. I have tried every cleansing and moisturing range on the market from the most expensive to the chepest. Something that has worked in the past was Differen Gel, but it seems to be off the market and I needed a prescription (the Differn wash does not work). Is there something other than the pill (which has never agreed with my body) that I can use that may be bought over-the-counter? Or is there another cause to this skin problem?

You need to see a dermatologist in order to have an assessment made of your skin condition. I would strongly advise you against over-the-counter skin products. What is your age?