Posted by: caroline | 2007/06/07

Skin problems

I have a break out on my chin and sometimes up my jawline and on my cheeks, and I think it is hormonal as it worsens the week before my period. The "pimples" are purplish spots under the skin that can not be extracted, sometimes develop into a common pimple (esp just before my period) and which are very sore and take a long time heal. I have tried every cleansing and moisturing range on the market from the most expensive to the chepest. Something that has worked in the past was Differen Gel, but it seems to be off the market and I needed a prescription (the Differn wash does not work). Is there something other than the pill (which has never agreed with my body) that I can use that may be bought over-the-counter? Or is there another cause to this skin problem?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You need to see a dermatologist in order to have an assessment made of your skin condition. I would strongly advise you against over-the-counter skin products. What is your age?

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.