Posted by: Tasha | 2009/08/14

Skin Problem

I am a 22 years old lady and have a problem with my facial skin. I have been using many products thinking that this problem will go away but no good result has come out of those products. I have pimples &  scars caused by those pimples and also have black heads. please advice cause i dont know what to do anymore.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Tasha, thank you for the question.

Your best option would be to make a consultation with a dermatologist who can examine the skin and advise you on the best treatment options. From your description it seems that your skin is not only prone to acne breakouts but also has large pores. This increased sebum production tends to aggravate the acne breakouts with a resultant increase in inflammation and the formation of pigmentation and scars.

Your topical regime is extremely important but you also may need to consider medication. If you cannot see a dermatologist please log onto my web page: and in the Resources Tab please click Skin & Acne Classification. Follow the Visual Acne Grading so that you can classify your acne and once we know the grade one can determine if prescription medication are necessary.

The topical regime should include the following:
Never scrub or use granular washes
Gently wash the face twice daily
Use a face wash specifically indicated for acne (my preference is NeoStrata Clarifying Cleanser)
Only use oil free products on your skin including makeup
Use oil free SPF (Heliocare Gel SPF 50) and try to avoid the sun as much as possible
Use NeoStrata Oil Free Moisturizer, Oil Control Gel, Clear Skin Solution and if necessary Spot Control Gel
One should try the above topical regime foir at least 6 to 8 weeks before deciding if it is effective or not
Never pick or squeeze the blemishes in any way

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: ravi ramzai | 2009/08/17

Dear Dr.

I am 49 years old Male having around two inches each black spots on my cheeks (near the ear). I have taken anti-fungal treatment from a skin specialist in New Delhi, India but of no use.

I am a non-vegetarian, but non-veg food I take only once in fifteen or twenty days otherwise I take veg food prepared at my home only. I drink lots of water everyday and have no other problem.

Can you please guide me how to remove the black spots on my face.

With kind regards,


Reply to ravi ramzai
Posted by: T | 2009/08/14

You should go to a skin specialist, to test your skin type &  they can advise on which products suits your skin.
A health diet also improves your skin, drink lots of water &  reduce your sugar intake.

Reply to T

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.