Question
Posted by: suni | 2008/08/11

skin problem

Hi there. i love my vet. i really do. because he loves my animals so. but he is very conservative. Now, according to lab results of a skin biopsy my dog is allergic to an airborne allergen, causing itching and bumps..So poor dog is on antihistamines. good stuff, not that effective but gives some relief. I just wondered whether there isn' t an effective natural remedy.? I' m a bit opposed to long term medication, unless it' s the only option.

Dear Suni

Put him on essential fatty acids long term. Efazol and Mirra-Cote is are used a lot. This will only make a difference in 6 weeks. Antihistamines is a very safe option, if they dont work the next drug would be cortisone but avoid it if you can.

2
Posted by: naomi | 2008/09/15

Have a problem with my cat. Giving him frontline every 4 weeks - so there cannot be any fleas But, he is always licking and lost a lot of hair at his back - he is just licking his hair away!. Vet said it could be the canned fish.
He gave him injection Depro Mendrol 4.
This is happing about twice a year. What can I do to

Reply to naomi
Posted by: naomi | 2008/09/03

He gave him injection Depro Mendrol 4.
This is happing about twice a year. What can I do to prevent this? It is male (neutr.) Ginger. 5 years old

Reply to naomi