Question
Posted by: Sigh | 2008/02/01

Skin problem

I'm looking for a good dermatologist in the cape town, southern suburbs area.
(Sorry if this is not the appropriate forum but the skin doc forum has been closed for some or other reason.)
Any leads will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Dear Sigh

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the Dermatologists in the Southern Suburbs, as I am situated in Somerset West. Your can consult your GP, who will be able to refer you to a good Dermatologist. If your skin problem is acne, I recommend that you use topical Skinoren cream, as well as a low dose of oral antibiotics, i.e. Minocycline.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Sigh | 2008/02/04

I'm currently applying Skinoren, VAYA smooth and Prep to the affected area, (I found these laying at home) now the skin is just turning white and flacking, looking even more gross.New skin in growing underneath but it's not looking too healthy.
Some people tell me that it could be a fungal infection, it's located on the lower left region of my neck. (very embarrassing and difficult to hide) I'd like to consult a doc but then I have to pay HIS consultation fee and ultimately the dermatologist fee and the cost of the medicine (oral / cream).
Thanks for the help though.

Anyone else know of a reputable dermatologist in my area?

Reply to Sigh