Posted by: Sigh | 2008/02/01

Skin problem

I'm looking for a good dermatologist in the cape town, southern suburbs area.
(Sorry if this is not the appropriate forum but the skin doc forum has been closed for some or other reason.)
Any leads will be greatly appreciated.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Sigh

Thank you for visiting

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the Dermatologists in the Southern Suburbs, as I am situated in Somerset West. Your can consult your GP, who will be able to refer you to a good Dermatologist. If your skin problem is acne, I recommend that you use topical Skinoren cream, as well as a low dose of oral antibiotics, i.e. Minocycline.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Sigh | 2008/02/04

I'm currently applying Skinoren, VAYA smooth and Prep to the affected area, (I found these laying at home) now the skin is just turning white and flacking, looking even more gross.New skin in growing underneath but it's not looking too healthy.
Some people tell me that it could be a fungal infection, it's located on the lower left region of my neck. (very embarrassing and difficult to hide) I'd like to consult a doc but then I have to pay HIS consultation fee and ultimately the dermatologist fee and the cost of the medicine (oral / cream).
Thanks for the help though.

Anyone else know of a reputable dermatologist in my area?

Reply to Sigh

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.