Question
Posted by: Jude | 2005/06/10

Skin pigmentation on HRT

Hi Doc,
Remember me the 31 year old with goin into menopause?
Well Ive been on the patch prescibed to me by my gynae for one month now but the skin on my face has darkened. Its like a dark shadow on my face very similiar to the way our skin is when we are pregnant. Its a dark pigmentation esp on my nose. My dr says the HRT can cause this due to the oestrogen in it but also says theres nothin I can do abt it. He says I should weigh the odds. Is there anything I can use topically or something that I can take for this pigmentation to go away? It looks awful and my makeup even looks terrible now!
Please help.

You could try Skinoren cream. Also use sunblock and try to avoid direct sun.