Question
Posted by: Shmegal | 2005/07/14

Skin pigmentation

I'm hoping you ladies can offer a remedy for me. Although I haven't noticed, a colleague of mine pointed out to me this morning that it looks like the skin on my forehead is going blotchy. Some patches are becoming slightly darker.

I'm almost 23 weeks preggies and think this must have something to do with my pregnancy. What can I use to prevent this from happening? Will my skin colour improve after baby is born?

You could try the advice of the other respondents.

4
Posted by: SS | 2005/07/14

Hi Shmegal

this might sound funny but i now use a little bit of extra virgin olive oil on my face at night and it seems to be brighter in the morning, i also use olive oil on my tummy and breasts, instead of tissue oil, i have tissue oil and sometimes alternate between the two or mix them, though i prefer olive oil,
dont laugh, my mum told me she used to use olive oil on my skin when i was a baby and i had good skin so i decided to try it again,
hope it helps you,
SS

Reply to SS
Posted by: Shmegal | 2005/07/14

Do you use anything special on your skin when you notice that it is sometimes darker?
My skin is not red or itchy at all. I just think it may be preggy hormones but I'd rather not let this lead to me looking like a patch-work doll if I can help it.

Reply to Shmegal
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/14

i had a big dark line going up my tummy

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: SS | 2005/07/14

Hi Shmegal

i did read that some women have skin patches when preg, i noticed that my skin is actually dark at some times and at sometimes light,
if it is not red and itchy i dont think there may be a problem,
SS

Reply to SS