Question
Posted by: Arshad | 2005/07/27

Skin itches due to heat/anxiety

I have a problem where my skin (mostly chest,back and head) itches when I begin to feel hot (sometimes even on an extremely cold day), get too excited about stuff, feel anxious or angry or enter a stuffy place. It feels as though I get these itching sensations (sometimes feels very pokey) everywhere and all at once. A bout of this can last between a few seconds and several minutes.

I usually combat this by going and sitting directly in front of an aircon, but this means I am unable to move freely outdoors on a beautiful sunny day.

I tried doing some research online, the closest thing I came across that matches the symptoms I feel is Mastocytosis.

If you could give me some advice of how to combat this , it would be highly appreciated.

Arshad, it might be due to mastocytosis, but it might also be due physical allergy - a condition in which allergic symptoms and signs are produced by exposure to physical stimuli, eg, cold, sunlight, heat, or mild trauma. If you have more questions or you’re interested in more information about physical allergy, let me know as a new question and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.

1
Posted by: drool | 2005/07/27

Your skin may be dry. It is the winter climate
Get some bath oils or cream.

Reply to drool