Question
Posted by: Chantelle | 2007/06/20

Skin irritation, maybe ringworm.

Please help. I have this small circle of red irritated itchy skin about the size of a 5 cent coin on my upper arm. I've been told it could be ringworm and apparently ringworm isn't a worm, it's a fungus. So how do i go about getting rid of it? And how does a person get it anyway?

Dear Chantelle
You are right, ringworm is a fungus. See a picture of it here : z.about.com/d/pediatrics/1/0/a/2/ringworm.jpg
Lamisil cream, Tinaderm works well - you have to use it for quite a while - and keep on using it even if the mark is gone for another week.