Question
Posted by: Sonja | 2005/12/08

Skin irritation

I'm a 30 year old woman and now for the last 2 weeks my skin is giving me up hill. It starts to itch and when I scratch it swell up and leave marks. My whole body is full of scratching marks. I'm bathing in oil and put vaseline cream everday day, morning and night. I get hot flashes all the time.
Please any idea of what this is and what to do?

Dear Sonja,
You have Urtikaria, which could be caused by an allergy for food or washing powder or something you work with. Try taking an antihistamine at night, try bathing with aqeous cream or Elizabeth Annes babyshampoo instead of soap, put on aqeous cream to keep your skin moist. If that doesn't help, you need to see a dr to see if you need cortisone.