Posted by: Cooks | 2004/11/03

Skin infections/allergy

Sir, I suffer from a skin "infection" yet to be cured. The more I cut out, the worse I get. It starts with a buring sensation (hands), dried skin, flaking, swelling etc. I have no fingerprints left at all. Now it is all over my body. I have been to two specialists, spent thousands on cures, had patch tests, and the only thing in the end, if I am in real pain, is to have a cortesone injection. I am alergic to the sea, salt, fish, you name it. This I tested for myself. (I am in the mid 50's) I was told it was hair folical something or other, tried the creams. No good. What else is left for me to do? I have suffered like this for the past 5 years. (now my glands swell as well. )

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Cooks, your symptoms are not specific enough to make a diagnosis on from this side of the screen. The best would be to see a good dermatologist and have a diagnosis made. If you live in or around Pretoria I can refer you, but otherwise you will have to ask your GP to refer you. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.