Our expert says:
Attached is an article on Acne and pimples. If there are any other types of infections please let us know with a new mail please.
What is acne? It is an inflammatory condition of the skin. It occurs on the face, neck, chest and back where most of the sebaceous glands are found.
Do you suffer from?
• Pustules which can be painful and red
• Pustules which are hard to the touch
• Sebaceous Cysts
• Large Dilated pores
A Vogel’s Acne Formula drops is a complex homoeopathic remedy which will assist the body to eliminate toxins via the lungs, kidneys, liver and colon. Acne is an internal disorder. It is therefore best treated from the inside out.
A Vogel’s Echinaforce Drops and tablets play an important role to encourage healing while also assisting with lymph drainage. Most toxins are removed by the able lymph system.
A Vogel’s Urticalcin tabs are essential as sufficient calcium is needed to regulate the blood acidity. Healthy blood is necessary to bring about a clear skin.
Did you know?
• 80% of all teenagers are affected by acne during puberty
• Increased hormonal secretions increase activity of sebaceous glands
• Psychological factors such as fear, anger, resentment, guilt, can contribute to an outbreak of acne.
• Deficiencies of nutrients have been proven to be associated with acne, such as: zinc, B6, magnesium, iron, essential fatty acids.
• Dietary habits which includes the daily consumption of coffee, tea, alcohol, sugar, chocolate and refined carbohydrates, saturated fats as found in animal proteins and milk, can contribute to the appearance of acne.
• In some instances, dairy products alone were the major cause of acne.
• The typical Western diet of animal fats and sugar caused an outbreak in Eskimos, who never had acne!
• Poor bowel elimination has also been associated with skin lesions such a blackheads, whiteheads and acne.
• Liver congestion, stressed kidneys, poor elimination all contribute to skin disorders, including acne.
• Specific food allergies, such as dairy products, wheat, colourants, additives and preservatives play a role in skin disorders.
• Cosmetics which contain toxic elements and which clog the pores will add to the problem.
• Sedentary life! No exercise will be harmful to the body’s circulatory system, which is essential for healthy skin and elimination.
• Rapid growth in the adolescent years creates nutritional deficiencies. Natural sources of nutrients need to be supplemented on a daily basis, such as Bio-Strath and Urticalcin.
• Anaemia in menstruating women is often the cause of acne. Regulating the menstruation can be done by using A Vogel’s Menstruation Formula.
• Love of very hot baths or showers interferes with the normal function of the skin’s elimination process. It is best avoided.
Some useful information
• Do not squeeze the skin! Have regular visits to a trained beautician to remove blackheads, etc.
• Avoid milk and other dairy products for at least 6 weeks. Never drink homogenised dairy products! The fat in milk when homogenised is very difficult to digest, which can cause irritation to the bowel, leading to various ailments, including acne.
• The skin takes 20-30 days to grow from the inside out. Expect changes after 30-40 days once treatment commences.
• Acne is an internal condition and should be treated from the inside out. External applications can soothe the skin, but, it can never cure it.
• Perseverance with a good diet and external hygiene will bring lasting results.
• A good diet for a healthy skin will include an abundance of green leafy vegetables as this will nourish the body, and the chlorophyll contained in the leaves will also detoxify the colon.
• Eat a lot of vegetables, fruits, raw seeds, raw nuts, wholegrains, fish, drink a lot of water. (see attached diet sheet)
• Avoid animal fats. Replace with fish and plant proteins.
• Avoid peanut butter as this can often be saturated and can cause high levels of acidity.
• Do not overwash the skin. Regularly wash the face with Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Face Wash. Apply Tea Tree Cream to the skin. Avoid touching the skin as the hands can carry infection to the skin.:
• Due to the nature of acne it is imperative that professional advice is sought after to determine the origin of the problem:
Acne is a common skin disorder which affects 80% of all teenagers. The increased activity of male and female hormones during puberty activate the secretions of sebaceous glands, causing blackheads and pimples. A diet typical of today’s teenagers will aggravate the condition. Keeping to a healthy natural diet, together with proper elimination from the bowels, kidneys, liver, lungs and skin will rapidly reduce the appearance of acne.
Natural remedies such as A Vogel’s Acne Formula is the preferred route of treatment as it has no side effects while it rectifies the external symptom of an internal disorder. The conventional treatment of antibiotics and hormonal pills carry its own risks and side effects in such young patients.
Bio-Strath Elixir makes a wonderful contribution as a supplement and as part of acne treatment.
Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Face Wash and Cream has been clinically proven to act as a powerful skin healer for various types of complaints.
Acne Formula Application No. U573 (Act/Wet 101/1965) contains Sepia D12, Aristolochia D6, Sulpur jodatum D12, Juglans regia D6, Viola tricolor Ø, hydrocotyle asiatica D6, Cretraria islandica D6, Arctium lappa Ø, Selenium D12, Staphisagria D6, Lycopodium D6, Asteria rubens D6, in equal parts. Alcohol content: 50% v/v
Echinaforce Liquid Application No. U613 (Act 101/1965), contains per 1.0g fresh Echinacea purpurea herb mother tincture 950mg and fresh Echinacea purpurea root mother tincture 50mg. Alcohol content 65% v/v.
Urticalcin Tablets Application No. U959 (Act 101/1965). Each tablet contains Calcium carb. Hahnem. D4 0.50mg, Calcium Phos D6 0.50mg, Natrium Phos D6 0.50mg, Silicea D6 2.50mg and Urtica D1 10.00mg in a tablet base composed of lactose, potato starch and magnesium stearate.
Menstruation Formula Application No. U644 (Act 101/1965) Cimicifuga D6, Cyclamen europ. D6, Lachesis D10, Potentilla anserine D1, Aristolochia D12, Pulsatilla D6, Hydrastis canad. D6. Alcohol content 50% v/v.
For more information please contact:
SA Natural Products (Pty) Ltd
P.O. Box 2
Botha’s Hill, KZN, 3660
Customer Care lines:
Tel: 031 7838000 Fax : 031 7838080
This leaflet is not intended as a medical diagnosis, and in no way excludes the necessity of a diagnosis from a health practitioner. Its intent is solely informational and educational.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.