Question
Posted by: Deon | 2004/10/11

Skin infection

I have an infection in the skin of my thumb. I starts with hundreds of small blisters under the skin. Eventually the shin goes dead. If I pull of the dead skin it just starts all over again. What can it be and how can I get rid of it?

Deon, it sounds more like a form of eczema than an infection, but I suppose it might be due to a virus infection of some sorts. The problem is that I can’t really make a diagnosis without being able to see it, so the best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.