Question
Posted by: blossom | 2008/01/02

skin doctors products

can you tell me anything about the skin doctors products - made in australia. they claim to be a soft alternative to cosmetic surgery and are certainly not cheap?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Blossom, thank you for the question.

I believe that topical products are a vital part of the anti-ageing arsenal we have to improve the condition of the skin. However, there is no topical product that will rival surgery in the lifting or wrinkle removal effect, on the market today.
The only true way we can state that topical products are as effective as cosmetic procedures is to perform independent, double blind randomized studies, using a split face approach. These do not exist with a large number of cosmoceuticals and therefore I cannot answer your question regarding the claim of ‘a soft alternative to cosmetic surgery’. Furthermore, the best approach to treating the skin is to use combination treatments as this will give superior results.