Question
Posted by: Frustrated | 2004/10/18

Skin disorder on hand

It started about 2 yrs ago. i got these hard spots on my hand that looked like scars. I started opening them up and found white little round balls(perfectly round). In one area i have taken out up to 20 white little balls at once.It has infected only the top of my hand and until the wrist.These little balls looks like they site in the second layer of the epidermis(skin). The ones in the knuckels are the worst I have noticed that my left hand has started getting thrm as well. But not as bad as the right hand. As i am in the fiels of client servicing it is getting embaressing with everyone always asking what happened. I must just note that i have worked with cleaning chemicals for the past 12 yrs and have not always worn gloves.I certainly have my own production line of white little balls going on. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanking You

Frustrated, it is difficult to say what it is without being able to examine you first, but it sounds like it might be due to molluscum contagiosa – a disorder cause by a pox type virus. The best would be to see a dermatologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.