Posted by: JC | 2005/12/13

skin disorder

Dear Doc
My son, age 15, has white blotches on his face. Is this due to a lack of something or of too much exposure to the sun - he plays cricket, but does use sunblock regularly. He currently puts tissue oil on his face - is there any other lotion or ointment or supplement that he may use for this problem?
thank you\

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

No a question for a psychiatrist, my dear --- try Cyberdoc. It sounds like Vitiligo, a condition of blotches of light-coloured skin, whioch is harmless but annoying, and a Dermatologist may be able to help

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Blue Eyes | 2005/12/13

I am by no means a doctor, but I heard somewhere that white blotches are due to some vitamin shortage. Why don't you take him to a dermatologist.

If you are looking for a nice ointment to put on your skin, it's for allergies etc. there is something called "skin calm" it works wonders for heat rashes even pimple breakouts.

Reply to Blue Eyes

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.