Question
Posted by: JC | 2005/12/13

skin disorder

Dear Doc
My son, age 15, has white blotches on his face. Is this due to a lack of something or of too much exposure to the sun - he plays cricket, but does use sunblock regularly. He currently puts tissue oil on his face - is there any other lotion or ointment or supplement that he may use for this problem?
thank you\

No a question for a psychiatrist, my dear --- try Cyberdoc. It sounds like Vitiligo, a condition of blotches of light-coloured skin, whioch is harmless but annoying, and a Dermatologist may be able to help

1
Posted by: Blue Eyes | 2005/12/13

I am by no means a doctor, but I heard somewhere that white blotches are due to some vitamin shortage. Why don't you take him to a dermatologist.

If you are looking for a nice ointment to put on your skin, it's for allergies etc. there is something called "skin calm" it works wonders for heat rashes even pimple breakouts.

Reply to Blue Eyes