Question
Posted by: Nadine | 2007/12/07

Skin Cancer

this past weekend i got sunburnt really really badly, now i would like to know is it possable to get skin cancer from being badly sunburnt once. I have started peeling and have noticed that my "new" layer of skin is also sunburnt and it itches. what can i use, i have been using aftersun gel.

your advice will be appreciated.

Nadine

Dear Nadine

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is not possible to get skin cancer from getting sunburnt once but you should not make a habit of this. Always use a high factor of suntan lotion to protect your skin and remember applying it once during the day, is not enough.

When you get sunburnt really bad in the future, you can apply Indocid Gel (normally used for aching muscles). It will relieve the pain almost immediately and will prevent bad peeling.

For the itching, you should just apply cream.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: ZOZO | 2008/11/19

it started with my legs itching, then the skin peeling off and my skin colour turning black - what could be the problem?

Reply to ZOZO