Question
Posted by: D | 2004/01/05

Skin cancer

Dear Doc

I was diagnosed with a basal cell carcinoma last year and had it cut out by a plastic surgeon. However, it looks like it is coming back again. I am scared to have it cut out again as the location is on the side of my nose near my eye. The skin is already pulling there. Is there an alternative way that this can be removed? Thanks for your help.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear D,

Please go back to your plastic surgeon. There are no alternative safe ways of removing a skin cancer - it has to be properly excised before it becomes life-threatening. If there is a problem with the amount of skin, etc, the surgeon will discuss alternative surgical methods with you. Please act sooner rather than later.