Question
Posted by: Rags | 2004/02/23

Skin breakouts - related to stopping smoking?

I stopped smoking at the beginning of October last year, with the help of Zyban. In the meantime my skin has turned quite toxic! I have got spots and pimples coming out all over my face and back and shoulders - could this be due to the toxins working their way out of my sytem?
I have never had a problem skin, so this is quite disturbing! (I am 32, so it is hardly adolescent anything!!)
Any ideas, anyone?

Rags, if it were due to the smoking cessation one would have expected it to have cleared up by now. The best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out as having pimples at your age isn’t normal. Good luck.