Question
Posted by: student | 2005/07/26

skin and hair problems

I have a skin problem that has now spread to my back, chest, arms and bum. It is not as severe as acne, but I have millions of tiny pimples all over my face and body, that tend to leave scars all over my body. The most severly scared areas are my face, middle of my back, and bum. My hair has also become very dry and brittle, and has become very thin as it has been falling out constantly for about 2 years now. 4 years ago I my skin problems started and I went to a doctor who prescribed Cyclidox for 4 months, it helped alot and my skin glowed. 3 and a half months ago I went on Cyclidox again, and my problem has become even worse now, my skin has become extremely dry, and the scarring is alot worse. I am 23 years old, a white female. What can I do? I don't think my condition is bad enough to warrant roacutane, but it is quite bad, and it is giving me a complex, because everyone notices it and tries to give me advice, but nothing helps.

Student, it is difficult to say what it is without being able to see it, but the fact that it causes scars makes it serious. The best would be to see a dermatologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.