Question
Posted by: kitty | 2007/03/20

skin and fat around tummy

Hi there.

I would just like to know something. I am on Herbalife at the moment, and I weighed 90.4 kg when I started at the beginning of February. I am currently weighing 81.9kg, and it's really going well. I had alot of fat around my tummy, and I am starting to notice that the fat is slowly but surely fading away. There is still alot, but it's fading. Now I am noticing the skin is not shrinking. I am 23 years old, and I have been overweight for about 5 yrs now. Do you think the skin will eventually shrink back, or is there something I can do to help. I am jogging 4 times a week for half an hour, but i am not doing any situps or anything at the moment, as I believe that I must first burn the fat through cardio. I really hope that the skin will shrink back, because I am aming to fit into a 34 pants, were now I am wearing a 40.

Any advice will be greatly apreciated.

HI Kitty

This is quite common and difficult to combat, but provided you stick with it a lose the weight slowly, at least part of the problem will come right by itself. So it does eventually adjust to a certain extent, the key is to lose weight gradually and correctly - that is, doing the right type of exercise, which you are doing for now, and also following the right diet. What you can change is to start to introduce some strength training, not just sit-ups but also some other weight training if you can use machines at the gym. But certainly add the situps, they are not going to do any harm, as long as you keep the focus on cardio.