Question
Posted by: jah_man | 2008/01/14

skin

what are the diiffernet type of skin.And how can I identify my skin type.Thanks

Dear Jah_man
I have already answered this question on the 9th of January.
Dear Jah-man
Skin types are a cosmetic concept but there are five basic skin care types: Oily, combination, sensitive, dry and sun-damaged. Your skin type is determined by how much oil your skin produces.
To determine your skin type, wash your face, pat it dry, then take a single leaf of a tissue or rice paper and press all over on your face. If your skin is oily, the tissue will stick and show oilyness on the tissue. If it doesn't stick or pick up any oily spots, it is classified as dry. If it sticks in the t-zone (forehead, nose and chin) then you have combination skin.
Oily skin tends to be shiny with enlarged pores, and is prone to blackheads and pimples.
Combination skin (normal) type has medium sized pores, a smooth and even texture, good circulation, healthy color, may tend toward dryness on the cheeks while being oily in the t-zone.
Sensitive skin tends to be thin and delicate with fine pores. It flushes easily on irritation, is prone to broken blood vessels, is frequently allergic and can be rashy.
Dry skin feels tight after cleansing. There is a tendency towards fine wrinkles, flaking and red patches. Skin may appear ashy or dull from dead skin buildup
Aging or sun-damaged skin feels tight with visible wrinkles and a slack skin tone with a leathery texture and broken capillaries
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Ruth | 2008/05/08

Good day , I am a young and welll looked after women turning 40 this year. I have had a blemish free skin all of my life,. Last year while on holiday in Europe i had a small break out on my jaw line , both sides. After a couple months it never increased , just remained 3 on either side. I went to a dermatologist who put me on roaccutane for 4 months. Almost into completing my 4th month, i developed severe joint pains and was told to discontinue roacutane.
During the 4 months of being on roaccutane , i still had times where there was breakouts. And after 4 months, there is no significant change in the condition. I have now noticed tiny little blackheads/whiteheads. Any suggestions, had hormone tests and so on all well.

Any suggestions or can you shed some light. I am a healthy eater and water drinker.

Ruth

Reply to Ruth