Question
Posted by: nablus | 2005/07/04

skin

reddish skin irritations on cheek bones/ears/nose.I need a solution what to use.I discovered this on Saturday morning.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Nablus,

Once again, as with the previous question, it really is difficult to say what the problem is without having a look at it myself. It may be eczema for which a good moisturiser such as epimax or a MILD over the counter topical corticosteroid may be usefull, or may even be due to an allergic reaction for which an antihistamine may help. If you statred using a new cosmetic product, facial cream or even detergant recently this may add to it - Think carefully at what cahnges you recently made - By simply removing an irretant your problem can also be helped.
My advice would be to ask your local pharmacist to have a look - If he can help he'll prescribe something, but otherwise he'll refer you to a doctor.

1
Posted by: Lulu | 2006/02/02

Skin itches after a shower / bath - I have seen more that five dermatologist and nothing helped. I am currently seing a Neurologist, who prescribed something and it feels to be working very slow. I am using cold water to shower as warm / hot water makes matters worse. As soon as I apply moisturiser and when the skin settles it starts with the "pins" like pain. I have had this problem since 1986. I am really desparate now.

Reply to Lulu