Question
Posted by: Julie | 2005/12/04

Size of the Follicle = Pregnancy

1. I understand that the follicle should reach 18, 20mm+ maturity to be able to release to conceive. Can someone conceive with the follicle below the latter millimetres?

2. I also understand that in a normal cycle, the follicle grows at least 2mm per day ......... is this applicable to an irregular cycle?

The reason I asked these 2 questions is that I have an irregular cycle and had seen a gynae. I had a US on the 10 days after my period and my follcile measured 13mm. I went again 48 hours for another US and there was no chnage in the size....13mm. I will be going again tommorrow for another US to see whether there has been any change. Is this a normal thing? Based on your experience....what is the problem? Gynae doc please advice me cos I am worried.

I would suggest that you post this on the Infertility forum. where the details of these issues are handled every day.