Posted by: Kat | 2009/09/15


I have 2 boys, one 13 and the other 10 years old. My husband has voiced a concern that our 10 year old has a very small penis compared to his brother. He feels that I should take him to a doctor to ensure that all is ok. I don' t want to draw his attention to him being different. What is normal size for 10 years?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

you should not be concerned. with the onset of puberty, the penis starts increasing in size. due to the fact that your 13 year old son is at the age of puberty onset, this may account for his larger penis size. at the age of 13, your younger son will most assuredly also increase in size. until that time, it is very important not to draw your younger son's attention to the fact of his smaller penis size - this may lead to severe psychological issues in latter life.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: joe | 2009/09/16

Let' s think about this for a second, what if his penis is really that small and will be for future - what are you guys saying you can fix him.....huh there is nothing you or any doctor can do to increase his penis.....

So let the child grow up normally, and as a woman should not you be thinking does it really matter how big or how small his penis -

You guys forgot your role which is to love and he will discover love and let the boy discover life for himself.

Ya' ll better start reading before you start to make him feel incomplete

Reply to joe
Posted by: ERIC | 2009/09/16

I have raised 3 sons. The boy with the smallest penis prior to puberty is probably the best endowed today. Do not bother to take the boy to a doctor. The doctor can in any case not increase his penis size by one milimetre. Forget about this issue and leave your boy to develop normally.

Reply to ERIC
Posted by: Lady man | 2009/09/15

Leave the child to develop normal. Let him be a chlid. You are going to give him a complex about it. He will blame you for it.

Reply to Lady man
Posted by: anon | 2009/09/15

Your boy is still devoping, you and your husband will embarred the child

Reply to anon

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.