Question
Posted by: Shaun | 2006/04/18

Six Pack/Abs Exercises

I have been doing ab exercises for the past 4 weeks. I do about 100-120 reps ever morning. Is that enough?
And how long normally does it take for you to build a six pack? And does what food you eat have a big influence on building a six pack? If so, what should you be eating then?
I weight about 60kg and i am 1.76m tall.

Hi Shaun

it's a lot of ab work, that's for sure, and it will help you to really develop the muscle, but just keep in mind that if you want the appearance of a sixpack, there is a lot more to do than just the ab exercises. Diet is vital, and so is a little bit of cardio, because as you may notice, fat tends to accumulate around the abs, especially for guys, and so you have to combat this to gain a six pack. therefore, my advice is that you do some cardio training on top of this ab work - perhaps jogging or cycling, if you have access. And try to cut out fatty foods and junk food, that makes a difference too.