Question
Posted by: John | 2004/12/13

Site Trivia - or Warning?

Since its the quiet time of the year, and somewhat sparked by ~Wings~ irritation, I decided to kill some time (there's so much of it these days) and potter about the forum gathering boring facts. Here are some stats:

1 - In one week, there were 441 unique posts with an average of 3 responses
2 - There were 20 "Chat" posts, with a combined response of about 162 posts, giving an average of 4 "Chat" posts a day, initiated mostly be the same people who have each others e-mail addresses anyway
3 - There were 8 "Reading Material" posts, all by the same person, an average of 1.3 a day with a combined reponse rate of 33
4 - There were 11 posts of the 'greeting kind' - 'where's so-and-so today?' - also posted mainly by the same people who post the 'Chat' stuff, with a combined repsonse rate of 48 posts

The social stuff by far outstrips the on-topic posts in terms of responses. Generally, only 3 out of the 10 (or so) regular members of social circle respond to on-topic posts with the remainder of 7 only replying to the social posts. Conclusion? The social circle use the site for their own purposes more than genuine posters use it for its intended purpose.

Heck, I'm bored.....woza Wednesday!!!

Hmm, all these people killing Time. Isn't it a very good thing that Time never sems to retaliate ?

10
Posted by: lu | 2004/12/13

Paul, what does "sic" after a word mean

Reply to lu
Posted by: J | 2004/12/13

Hi John

Are u still bored?

I agree that the social topics' responses outweigh the "on-topic" stuff. You might, however, want to breakdown as to what is considered "on-topic". Although this might be regarded as opinionated (does this word exist?) !!!!!
Let's see what you come up with?

Reply to J
Posted by: Big Brother | 2004/12/13

Not sure if you lie these type of things but try this addictive game out - w w w dot stickcricket dot c o m has helped me outta many a boring situation..

Reply to Big Brother
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/12/13

Amazing!!! Oh I think time does retaliate... when it's ready.

Thanx John,
Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: John | 2004/12/13

Hey man, gimme that stuff - I'm going nuts here! My boss won't let me go home or go on leave early so here I am. Me and the internet. Hmmmm, lets see, what can I mees with next...I wonder if there's a site that deals with Death by Boredom....

Reply to John
Posted by: Big Brother | 2004/12/13

LOL Thanks for the offer John but you wouldn't want to be doing any of my work, you would be worse off. I'm in the middle of compiling all my end year reports before the break. Nothing is adding up as usual, think I'll take that coffee break now..

Reply to Big Brother
Posted by: CP MOM | 2004/12/13

Fanks for that useless information... hee hee

JIP WEDNESDAY JUST CANT CUM FAST ENOUGH !

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Paul | 2004/12/13

Dude are you a statistician *sic* ??

Interesting either way, thanks for that!

Reply to Paul
Posted by: John | 2004/12/13

Yes, I am bored. What homework? What do you need help on?

Reply to John
Posted by: Big Brother | 2004/12/13

Geez you bored, you can come do some of my work if you like? Ihaven;t even had the chnace to have a cup o joe yet..

Reply to Big Brother