Question
Posted by: Charmaine | 2007/04/23

SINUSITUS PROBLEMS 8YR OLD SON

My son is 8yrs old and suffers with Sinusitis.
He has been on betanoid for 5days and his face is swollen - is this normal?...He snores at night and grunts alot when awake. Is this normal? He has allergies to dust and we need to know what to give him as he is very sporty but has such problems at time with the allergies and sinus problems. Does he need to go to a Specialist?

Tks charmaine

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Charmaine
Yes I think you should take him to an Ear nose and throat specialist. Unfortunately mouth breathing causes abnormal development of the face, it is very unpleasant not to be able to breathe properly, he probably does not sleep well and it can affect his schoolwork. Ask your GP to give you a referral.