Posted by: Karen | 2009/05/18


Dear Doc
I suffer from on going headaches and blocked nose. My GP has been giving me medication such as sinutab, sinumax, sinustat and occasionally an anti-biotic when he feels my sinus'  s are infected. I find it very difficult to have a restful sleep at night and I am extremely exhausted the next morning. I toss and turn as whichever side I sleep on, that nostril is totally bocked

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Karen
I think you may have an underlying allergy or polyps in the nose and I would suggest that you see an ENT specialist. You may need to take longer term cortisone nose spray and a long acting antihistamine like Loratidine. You may also need to have a MR of your sinuses to exclude chronic low grade infection. Ask him to test your IGE for allergies
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.