Posted by: Nondu | 2008/09/09

Pleeeaaase help. My boyfriend has sinusitis and he makes some funny noises saying that his sinusis are itchy. It is terrible and driving me up the wall. We' ve just moved in together and I always wake up tired and grumpy because of the noises that he makes. I' m also very sensitive to sounds when I' m sleeping so I hear the slightest noise that he makes. I' m also 6 months pregnant and I can' t stand it. The most irritating thing is that he makes these noises while he' s sleeping so he doesn' t hear himself, only when he' s awake. I have to kick him all the time to disturb him so that he can stop doing it, as a result I' m awake half the night.
Is there anything I can get for him or for myself to escape the torture I go through at night whilst everyone is sleeping? I' m even thinking of getting myself earplugs or anything which will make me sleep throughout the night but, I' m also pregnant and I have to be very careful of the things I do.
Please help.

Dear Nondu
Let him try Beconase aqueous nose spray twice a day long term, and some Illeadin or Drixine nose drop at night for the first 7 days. Earplugs will be a short term solution until the medicine starts working!