Question
Posted by: Zohra | 2005/06/29

Sinusitis

My husband suffers with severe headaches. Our GP suggested a CT scan of the brain and sinus . The results of the CT scan is as follows-
The nasal septum is minimally deviated towards the left. A small concha bullosa is seen in the right middle turbinate and to a lesser extend on the left side. There is swelling within the nasal cavity.
Frontal sinuses remains relatively clear. The ethmoid sinuses show minimal mucosal thickening. The maxillary antra show minimal mucosal thickening. No fliud levels are seen.
Our GP did not suggest the need to see an ENT. I am not happy with her decision. I need a second opinion on what should we do .His brain scan is normal.

Zohra, it sounds like there is sinusitis and not much else, but it is certainly within your rights to get a second opinion from a specialist. If your GP doesn’t want to refer you, do so yourself. Good luck