Question
Posted by: Me | 2004/10/07

Sinusitis

Good day
I have terrible sinusitis. My nose is always congested..after a few days my throat gets sore and a cough starts.
I have been to the doctor 6 times this year when it gets really bad. Most of the time I take Sinutabs, Sinumax, Sinucon..and the alot more... I makes me drowsy...so makes been at work difficult. It is worse when it is hot or windy.. The office is a nightmare... I can be ok over the weekend..an hour after arriving, I will start sneezing.. I have constant headaches.. I stay away from dairy during attacks... Is there something else I can do... Sometimes I wish they could cut my nose off and give me another one

Me, it sounds like the underlying problem is an allergy and this is most often treated by using a nasal spray and an antihistamine on a daily basis to prevent it from going over into sinusitis. Ask your doctor to prescribe something like Flixonase® nasal spray and Deselex® tablets and see what happens. If it doesn’t make a difference within 4 weeks the best would be to see an ENT specialist. Good luck.