Question
Posted by: BRETT | 2004/03/09

Sinusitis

Ive been back to my DR several times and completed 3 courses of antibiotics with no improvement.Got any remedies?

Expert ImageArchive

Sinusitus that is chronic is normally related to more than an infection. It could well be a food intolerance and what we call reactive digestion or "leaky gut" in which normal foods are reacted to with a sensitivity. It may be appropriate for you to consult a Naturopath and go on an elimination diet, that continues to then strengthen your digestive system.
Another aggravating factor can be in the environment, pollution, chemicals, dust allergy, pet allergy, pest allergy can all cause chronic sinus reactions. I suggest that you eliminate as best as possible any of these factors by careful vacum of the home, hygiene of the living areas, remove pets from indoors or bedrooms.
The herbal remedy goldenseal, and ginger are useful in clearing out excess mucous, also due to the prolonged us of anti-biotics I would recommend that you repopulate the internal healthy bacteria, this you get with a product called Reuteri. Follow this for 1 month - if you do not have a definate improvement, then there may be a nasal structure problem and it would be advisable to consult a Ear Nose Throat Specialist.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)