Question
Posted by: anxious | 2006/10/26

SINUS QUESTION

CD

Sorry me again! One question - my ENT gave me Bactroban ointment to put gently on the inside of both my nostrils and Iliadin saline 2 into each nostril 3 times a day. The problem is it seems to just run out of my nose all the time. Why is this? I wash my hands with hot water and Dettol shower gel before applying the Bactroban and using the spray so as to avoid causing any possible infection.

Thanks for help.

Dear Anxious
Lie down for a few minutes after putting the saline in so that it can slowly creep past the swollen tissue to the back - it is ok if it runs down your throat. It is needed to prevent any thick phlegm forming and blocking the area again, and is basically needed as a rinse. The Bactroban ointment will run out after a while as it melts with your body temperature.
You can also make your own saline - boil water, add 1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water and let cool down. Keep in a closed container that has been sterilized with boiled water ( like bottle with a cap)

1
Posted by: anxious | 2006/10/26

CD

Putting my head back doesn't seem to help much either - it still runs out.

Reply to anxious