Question
Posted by: sad sinus boy | 2003/12/17

sinus problem is deforming my facial features, im scared

I have been suffering really badly from what i presume is chronic sinusitus (waiting for diagnosis on the nhs) for 6 months now. MIR scans came through clear with no abnormalities but my nose is so sensitive and it feels like the bone is eroding away near the top next to my eye. I work with computers and any form of stress seems to bring on severe sinus attacks on that side. I also get a burning pain at the top of my back and on the neck which i have to massage myself when using the computer. I have taken various drugs to treat the illness but nothing has worked. I even tried homeopathic drugs from sinuswars.com but didnt really notice a difference. I have smoked tobacco and cannabis for ten years and now dont smoke at all and barely ever drink and never take recreation drugs. I have suffered so badly psychologically that i am now on anti depressants and my whole ice hockey team have been taking the mick as i frequently have anxiety attacks and am aware that I have been acting quite odd. I have never ever been so depressed. I have lost all confidence and am incredibly quiet amongst people. I have lost the strong mental strength that i once had and often lose it with family. I am so sensitive to jokes and comments and cant cope with everyday situations. I am seeing a specialist on Jan 21st but that seems like such along long way away. I no longer socialise with friends as i am to sensitive to being exposed to the public and rarely like to leave the house. The weather isnt helping as it is bitterly cold here in london at the moment. despite all of this i know my brain seems to function ok. I think i developed this illness through severe stress for a long period of time, smoking and partly down to structural problems. please can anyone help as I am so ill It scares me. You would think with what I have written that I would have been treated by now but the health service here in my opinion isnt good. I wouldnt wish this on anyone and it has completely changed the way i see life.

SSB, it’s difficult to say what the problem is without examining you first. From what you tell me, I seriously doubt that it is due to sinusitis. It sounds more like severe stress or maybe a neurological problem. Seeing a neurologist won’t be a bad idea. In the meantime you should focus on trying to relieve your stress and to make sure that the way you sit when working on your computer doesn’t make matters worse. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Jean | 2003/12/17

Hi!I have a similar problem and also have to "plan" my life these days and cancel meetings etc..:( If you want a cyberpal who has a similar problem and want to chat occasionally then here's my email - hjrc@iafrica.com

:)

Reply to Jean