Question
Posted by: anxious | 2006/07/18

SINUS PROBLEM?

CD

Forgive me if this is a bit of a weird/vague query but it is the only way I can think of describing my problem.

I have been having this problem a couple of times where I feel as if I have something lodged in my throat. When it happens if feels stuck in my throat and if I cough it up it is always like a small off-whitish colour which looks like "chewing gum" consistency. It isn't all the time but I have had it 3/4 times over the last month or two. Is this anything to do with a possible digestive problem or my sinus trouble? I never thought of mentioning this to my gp or specialist surgeon who did my colonoscopy. I suffer from chronic sinus trouble, especially in winter. I haven't had any sinus problems this winter until last week when my gp put me onto Avelon, interflora and Clarityne DOD on Wed for my sinus and throat infections. I finished my anti-histamine on Sun and take my last Avelon tonight (Tues). My gp is away this week and I was wondering if I needed to mention this to him.

Sorry about the description, but I hope you can maybe help me somehow!

Thanks.

Dear anxious
This sounds like thickened phlegm coming from the tonsillar crypts or from the sinuses. It is not dangerous and you can ask your GP to check next time you see him.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2006/07/18

CD

I forget to mention I had that "coughing up" this funny stuff problem again this a.m. (Tues).

Thanks.

Reply to anxious