Posted by: Mel | 2007/12/21

Sinus - please help

Dear doc,

I get severe sinus attacks every so often. I have one at the moment and it feels as if somebody hit me in the face with a baseball bat. I don't want to run off to my GP every single time this happens, to get antibiotic. Is there anything I can buy over the counter or something else I can do to relieve this pain which is driving me mad. I also have a post-nasal drip at the moment.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Mel

Thank you for visiting

You can try Dimatab tablets in the acute phase of your sinus attack and ask your GP for an injection of Celestone Soluspan to cover you for extended periods. This is a long acting cortico-steroid that is safe and quite often used.

Try nasal irregation with salt water in the acute phase to help loosen the phlem.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.