Posted by: Jane | 2008/10/08

Sinus infection not clearing up

I was diagnosed witha sinus infection on Monday and put on some antibiotics and given a nasal spray and some other pills (i assume to dry me up as they are only to be taken at night). But so fr i feel NO better. And today my chest is starting to feela bit tight.
Surely the antiobiotics should be kicking in soon?

My nose is still very congested and i' m going through mroe than a box of tissues a day and now i' ve got a little cough which is really hurting my chest.

Please advise what i should do because i a going away this weekend and need to be at least a little bit better by then.

Hi Jane
Try rinsing your nose with saltwater ( a cup of lukewarm water plus 1/2 a teaspoon salt - must taste like tears) sniff up to about between your eyes and blow out until the water comes our clear. Try to do this at least 2 times a day. Use a decongestant nose drop like Illiadin or Drixine - I hope this is what you got from doctor. Try Bisolvon linctus for the tight chest if you don't have any heart problems. Stay in BED!!
A sinus infection can (unfortunately) sometimes take 10 days to clear up 100% ...