Question
Posted by: Kevin | 2004/11/07

Sinus - Cromolyn sodium

I have extended periods of prodcuing a lot of yellowish, thick stuff from my sinuses. I also am on an anitistamine for various allegies. I've seen mention of the benefits of using a nasal spray containing cromolyn sodium.Will this potentially provide soem relief, and if so, can I purchase it over the counter (local brand name)?

By way of background, I've had a variety of things prescribed over the years, from cortisone-based products,to antinflammateries etc. I also syringe with salt & bicarb and all the other home remedies! I have an almost total IgA deficiency.

Kevin, the closest when can get to it is sodium cromoglycate – Cromohexal® or Rynacrom® nasal spray. It is indicated for allergic rhinitis and it sounds like it should work for you. Good luck.