Question
Posted by: Maureen | 2008/01/14

Sinus Congestion

I heard that bananas can cause sinus congestion. Is this true? Also, what other types of food can cause sinus congestion?

I suffer with very bad vasomotor rhinitis and need to find ways to alleviate congestion.

many thanks!

Hi Maureen
Milk, wheat, and egg white allergy are the most common cause of respiratory symptoms, but other foods can also cause stuffiness. Best would be to avoid the food you think aggravates stuffiness and see if it goes better without it.
Try using nasal topical steroid spray like Beconase twice a day longterm?