Question

Sinus & Bleeding

I have been battling with my sinus lately. I have always had bad hayfever and sinus, which used to contantly lead to nasal infection but over the last few years, I seemed to have out grown it and had not had any problems.
Over the last few months I have been getting bad sinus and a few months ago, I battled with it for about two and a half weeks. For about a week, when I blew my nose, thick blood came out, some times "thin" fresh very red blood and other times thick and black and quite alot of it. But it only effected one side of my sinus, and that entire side of my face was extremely painful and felt bruised. Now when I have a sinus/hayfever attack, it seems like it only effects this side of my sinus with that side of my face painfule and a bit swollen. Do you think I have damaged that side of my sinus? I have not had it bleeding since then? Do you think I need to see a doctor? Or just leave it till it starts bleeding again.

Dear Anon
No I think you should see an ENT specialist - you could have a polyp in that area that is blocking the sinus opening and causing bleeding.