Question
Posted by: sinus | 2004/01/08

sinus and itch

Hi Doc. I have two questions for you.
1) I have sever sinus. I am going in for another opperation tomorrow. How can I stop this from happening again?
2) I have this terrible rash over my body. It first started in the bends of the arm, then to the back of my knees. Now I have it on the side top of my legs and the inside and now and then on the tummy. It starts itching and when I scracth it turns into bumps wich then spread futher. I have used creams and celestamin but it is not working. THe doc says his thinks it may be an alergie but it can not tell met from what. It has been going on since mid october.

Expert ImageArchive

In reply to Q1. Go read the article on Hay Fever in the Natural section under Natural approach - it seems your sinus infections are a secondary response and aggravation from an underlying hay fever reaction.
Q2. This type of rash is associated with the genetic susceptibility called Atopy - this means that your allergy system is very sensitive and can react to a number of things. It is best you have a proper screening with a blood and skin allergy test to discover which substances you are very sensitive too. Also it is very common for people with atopy to have a weak digestive system - in this case you would need to go on a digestive strengthening program to improve digestive enzymes and re-populate the intestines with beneficial bacteria. The problem that you suffer from is being maintained from the inside, therefore creams etc on the outside will only be of temporary help.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)