Question
Posted by: nana | 2007/03/14

sinus and bloating

i have a serious bloating issue, I heard that since i have a sinus condition I could be swallowing air while I eat which result in my tummy bloating, althogh I must mention that I was on contraception which could have causing water retention. I've tried the meanest sit ups and eating right, Im confused. Any suggestions? Please help! should I use probiotics?

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Nana
I think we chatted on the phone.
I don’t think your bloating is caused by swallowing air. As discussed make sure that you have a balanced diet which includes fruit, veggies and fibre (wholewheat bread, cereals etc). to ensure that your tummy works regularly. Exercise is always good, keep it up.
A probiotic can only be beneficial to your health and since there is no “down” side it is worth a try!