Question
Posted by: Brenda | 2007/04/02

Sinus

Hi, I really suffer badly from sinus - it is so bad that I get bags under my eyes. I started using Nazene nasal spray and it really helped the first time but after that I did not get such good results. What is a potent product that I can buy that will drain my sinuses?
Kind regards
Brenda

Dear Brenda
Please try an antihistamine tablet like Loratidine at night, and Beconase aqeous twice a day - if it is really bad, ask your GP to give you a short course of cortisone and to refer you to an ENT specialist to see if you maybe need an operation.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2007/04/02

Go to an ENT. I am a perfect example of how successful my ENT visit was. I suffered from chronic sinus trouble for years and years and years. I finally had had enough in Aug last year and pleaded with my gp to send me to one. I was getting sick last year, getting antibiotics, getting better and then getting sick again and getting more antibiotics. And it all started with my sinus infection trouble. I can tell you those sypmptoms with my eyes closed, blocked nose, green thick mucuous, sinus pain in the cheeks or above the eyes. I always got any combination of sinus/chest/throat infections regularly, especially in winter. My ENT sent me for a sinus scan and that showed up all my problems, which never showed on x-rays I had on a number of occasions. I had such badly infected sinuses, I had to have sinus surgery and had 3 procedures. I had an ethmoidectomy, where he opened up all the sinuses, an antrostomy, where he created a drainage so my sinuses drained better and he drained all the sinuses. You would not believe the difference! I can finally breathe properly after all these years! Its the best thing I could have had done for my ongoing sinus hassles. My ENT said this should stop me from being sick, so this winter I am hoping it will be finally my first winter without sinus trouble!

Go to an ENT. It really is worth it.

Reply to anxious