Question
Posted by: Sue | 2004/01/20

Sinus

I have permanent sinus for 8 years now. I have been to 2 docters, a homeopath and a throat and ear specilst. They just give me medicine that doesnt help and say that they dont know from what it is. My ears are always blocked and sometimes hurt, like theirs water in them to the affect that my voice egos and I cant hear people talk. And my nose and sinuses are always blocked, nasal drip that sometimes make me naeseas ans my throat hurts.Im drinking , echinaforce and sinusforlmula from Dr A Vogel but its not working.

Do you think this can because of a wheat/dairy/sugar allerfgy?
And can bad breath, white/fur tongue and sore throat be caused by the nasal drip and that I alwasy breath through my mouth at night?Any advise you can give me to get rid of this will be highly appresiated,

Expert ImageArchive

A condition such as sinus, with post nasal drip, blocked ears and the other symptoms you mention will only last 8 years if there are underlying factors that are continually aggravating the area.
It could well be a food intolerance and what we call reactive digestion or "leaky gut" in which normal foods are reacted to with a sensitivity. It may be appropriate for you to consult a Naturopath and go on an elimination diet, that continues to then strengthen your digestive system.
Another aggravating factor can be in the environment, pollution, chemicals, dust allergy, pet allergy, pest allergy can all cause chronic sinus reactions. I suggest that you eliminate as best as possible any of these factors by careful vacum of the home, hygiene of the living areas, remove pets from indoors or bedrooms.
The herbal remedy goldenseal, and ginger are useful in clearing out excess mucous, use for 1 month - if you do not have a definate improvement, then there may be a nasal structure problem and it would be advisable to consult a Ear Nose Throat Specialist.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)

2
Posted by: Mick | 2004/02/01

Sue

Have you been taking any medication (eg Anti-deperssants) for this period of time? If so check the cautions and warnings on the leaflet inside. Does it mention any of your symptoms as possible rare side effects?

Reply to Mick
Posted by: Mick | 2004/02/01

I feel for you 'Sue'.....
I have the EXACT same symptoms (for going on a year now)
except different symptoms fluctuate at different times. My vision is also being affected, Sometimes my head feels like it is a sago pudding, and at the moment, my head behind the eyes and forehead are so sore I cannot work efficiently.
Another thing though is that it is accompanied by chronic bronchitis and frequent aching jaw (claudication). It was when my left temple became sore and tender that my GP gleemed, saying it is Temporal arteritis. I read up on e-medicine.com and found all the symptoms were present in my case. I was exstatic because the crash course of Prednisone was supposed to erdicate the disease within 3 days max!
That was 4 months ago........no change. Rheumatologist made me take R1800 worth of blood tests and x-rays.
All the indicators for arteritis (vasculitis) proved negative.
We are all stumped! Don't know what to do now!
I have a feeling it is linked to an auto-immune system problem brought on by exposure to some allergenic substance, but these too should be higlighted by blood tests!
I have been suffering anxiety and depression for some time now......maybe it has something to do with it!
Does anyone else have any experience in this chronic matter?
Mick

Reply to Mick