Question
Posted by: Shazzie | 2005/12/07

sinumax and stilnox

good day,

im looking for some good info on the above mentioned Medicine.
With both of these medicines i hallucinate like crazy,when i want to sleep it keeps me having funny dreams and when i wake up in middle of the night i feel Drowsy,i hallucinate and funny enough bit anxious. i usualy take less pills than they would prescribe since i feel very sensitive to any kind of drug. what can make me hallucinate at night that are in both of these two tablets so that when i get medicine and can rather stay away. I am not realy allergic to anything,but just to make sure.What can this be?? or what else can i use instead of these pills that does not make one halluciante or keep you awake? herbal? what are the side effects of these medicine?Stilnox and sinumax?

Expert ImagePharmacist

The two mentioned products does not contain the same ingredients at all. If it did, sinumax would have been a schedule 5 item! The ingredient in sinumax that is causing your symptoms is most probably pseudoephedrine - Symptoms such as anxiety, restlessness and insomnia are well known with this ingredient. For Zolpidem, the active in stilnox, it has been reported that some patients may experience paradoxical excitation which may lead to aggression, hostility, amnesia, nightmares, irritability, and hallucinations.

1
Posted by: Crazy | 2006/01/09

I also halucinated after using Stilnox. I took the tablet and went straight to bed. Soon after I woke up to find people in my room staring at me. In desperation I tried to crawl out of my bed to the loo only to throw it. It was an awful experience.

Reply to Crazy