Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2006/04/03

Single Parents: SAY THANK YOU

Yes say thank you that you have a break every 2nd weekend when your children go to your x.

It must be heaven.

This was the first time g&I was totally alone since we met. Nobody to collect or anywhere we HAD to be. We talked so much and deep into the night (yeah shrinky die rooiwyn het sy alie amper gesien - even the "bad" ones went down well) and we even discussed things like what would happen should this one die or that one and Ne and his kids and home and businesses.

Things that we never have time for or never feel the "time" is right.

Ne's doing VERY well with my mom and mom said she misses her a lot. And if she's her old self like now she can stay a while. I must say I miss her hugs and kisses and just "knowing" she's in the other room.

Anyway hope you are all doing well!

Appreciate the things you have guys and not like we tend to just look at what we dont have.

Hi CPM,
I think someone once said that red wine's like sex --- even when it's bad, it's prety good.

4
Posted by: Cookie | 2006/04/03

Also, single moms probably neeeed the break cause they have to do the work of two parents.

Couples are lucky, single moms have it tougher.

Reply to Cookie
Posted by: CP MOM | 2006/04/03

Maby if you had a child like Ne you'd understand...

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Delene | 2006/04/03

although I enjoy the break from time to time, i must say that to do that to my kids is nothing to say thank you about. I would have preferred to let them grow up with their mother & father in one house. Their are other alternatives to use to get that well deserved break.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: K | 2006/04/03

not all single parents have ex's......and not all married couples with kids have the need to be free of kids every 2nd weekend

Reply to K