Question
Posted by: BOTLEHADI | 2007/06/22

single parenting...cont

I actually threw my daughter a party at school, one she enjoyed very much. I don't think its fair for anyone to decide for me what i can or cannot afford, I have no problem throwing a party for my daughter as I have done so in the past, my only problem is for someone to budget with my money, without my knowledge.
First its a birthday party, who knows whats next? I pay a lot of maintenance, medical aid, very expensive pre- school, etc without complaining because i want whats best for my child, but I REFUSE TO BE USED AS A PERSONAL ATM. I'm sorry.

Absolutely right ! You did well, and NOBODY has any right to decide what you can and cant afford. Its not up to her to decide how to spend your money --- what about her spending some of her own if she wants a different party as well ? Sounds like you take a great deal of care for your child, but very reasonably don't want to waste money to please the mother rather than the child.

5
Posted by: Maria | 2007/06/22

If Botlehadi's attitude about this matter is that of a "typical black male", then I find myself sharing "typical black male" attitudes... even though I'm white and female. Really, I don't see how this is a racial issue at all. It's about value systems and financial prudence.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: joey | 2007/06/22

Botlehadi you're right
Bulldust you're wrong
That's it in a bag
Now sort out that ex of your's and put it in black and white how much you contribute financially on a monthly basis and as a loving and supportive father on a fulltime basis.
I know its tough for single mothers, but if the father is contributing financial and also has visitation rights then this helps - count yourselves bloody lucky that you have custody of the kids and not the other way around. Many fathers would love to see their children everyday instead of the odd weekend which they normally get awarded to them.

Reply to joey
Posted by: KT | 2007/06/22

Bulldust sounds like a very bitter old woman. I feel sorry for your Ex. You make us women look weak. You sound like you're making your Ex pay for leaving you. Get a grip, Botlehadi is a wonderful father, one who refuses to be manipulated by his Ex, who's probably still bitter, sounds familiar, Ms Bulldust?

Reply to KT
Posted by: BOTLEHADI | 2007/06/22

I take offense in what you say Bulldust, what exactly is a 'typical black man'. I'm not rich, I make huge sacrifices for my daughter, I don't live in a house i can afford, i still drive the car i bought when i started working, and i don't mind because I know that my daughter comes first, I'm working hard so that when she's older, she'll have a healthy education fund. I cannot afford to blow 8000 on a birthday party, I'm sorry, I simply can't.
My daughter enjoyed her birthday very much with her friends at school and i bought her lots of presents. I don't mind spending money for my child, I just won't be forced into debt so that my Ex looks good in front of her friends. If thats what makes me a 'typical black man' then I'll gladly embrace the title.

Reply to BOTLEHADI
Posted by: bulldust | 2007/06/22

KEEP YOUR MONEY - TYPICAL BLACK MEN -Personal Atm se voet!!!! you don't get it and you never will!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to bulldust